Depending on the problem, there are a several different procedures for repairing and replacing valves. Here, are some of the surgeries we perform:
- Surgical Valve Repair
These are types of surgeries are used for problems with mitral or tricuspid valves.
- Commissurotomy: For the treatment of tight valve.
- Annuloplasty: For the treatment of leaky valve.
- Valvulotomy: For the enlarged narrowed heart valve.
- Others: More complex surgical procedures involving combination of various techniques.
- Non-Surgical Valve Repair
Percutaneous or catheter-based procedure that is done without any incision in the chest or arrested heart. A thin flexible tube called catheter is inserted in groin or arm then threaded through the blood vessels into your heart.
- Percutaneous or Balloon Valvuloplasty/valvotomy: For stiffened or narrowed pulmonary, mitral or aortic valve.
- Percutaneous Mitral Valve Repair: Edge-to-edge method to treat a leaky mitral valve in patient that are considered to be at high risk of surgery.
- Heart Valve Replacement
For the patients with badly damaged hearts, heart valve replacement is a solution.
- Mechanical valves: Made of long-lasting metal, carbon, ceramics or plastics.
- Biological Valves: Natural Valves that come from animals- bovine, porcine, and equine.
Minimally invasive valve repair and replacement
Minimally invasive surgery does not involve sawing through the breastbone and opening the chest. It requires heart lung machine and the surgery is performed on an arrested heart. Minimally Invasive Valve Repair and Replacement is suitable for a number of valvular heart diseases, and is performed with utmost care to give you superior medical facilities. One of the most regarded valve replacement surgeries using minimally invasive approach we do is Transcatheter Aortic valve Implantation (TAVI).
Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI)
It is a minimally invasive surgical valve replacement procedure is used to treat symptomatic aortic valve stenosis. It is done through small incisions in the groin or chest and instead of repairing or removing or replacing the damaged aortic valve a new aortic valve is implanted directly on the top of the damaged one. It is best for the people who are at high-risk for complication from open heart surgery. We assess all your symptoms and overall health to determine if TAVI is an option for you, consult Dr. Kshitij Dubey now for more information regarding treatment on your heart condition.