While suffering from a heart condition or seeing some red flags to point towards a future heart problem, the first solution a patient sort after is that of medicine.
There are many medicines available to treat heart disease. While there are some conditions that are not possible to be treated without a surgical procedure, medicine can save a patient big time when the condition is not that serious to need an operation from the trauma of the surgery.
What can Medicine Help You With?
Medicines should foremostly be taken under the guidance of your physician or a heart specialist. It reduces the risk of heart attack, angina, stroke and heart failure. There is no medicine that can treat chromosomal heart defect. They can only help you to manage your symptoms by controlling high blood pressure, and high cholesterol to improve the quality of life.
Tips on taking medicine
- The medicine should be included in your routine and taken as directed and prescribed by the doctor.
- You can use a pillbox marked with the days of week, to take an extra care.
- Never stop taking medicine without consulting your doctor. The medicine that you have been taking for a long term helps in managing your heart problem, suddenly taking off your body from the influence of any medication can cause problems.
- There are certain side effects of very medicine, and if you are concerned about any medicine, you must consult your doctor. Some of the common side effects include dizziness, in case you find something unusual, immediately consult your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not increase of decrease the dose without consulting the doctor.
- In case of allergy from anything, consult your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you are already taking a medicine regularly. Including vitamins, and other supplements.
Common medicines Prescribed
The medicine prescribed to you depends upon the heart condition and symptoms. For a heart attack or angina, it is normal to take different kind of medicine. The medicine is usually prescribed to
- Stop Blood Clots
- Manage high blood pressure
- Manage and stop angina
- Manage high cholesterol